Zirconia Substrate (Ceraflex®)
Two types of Ceraflex are available.
"Ceraflex®-A" takes advantage of its high-strength and toughness to become a bendable ceramics.
"Ceraflex®-8Y" takes advantage of its high oxygen ionic conductivity to become a material used as an electrolyte.
We also handle processed substrates with fine rounded/square holes or slits, as well as polished substrates.
- Electrolytes used in solid oxide fuel cells (SOFC)
- Oxygen sensor materials
- Precision machinery and electronic components
- Anti-abrasion materials and elemental substrates
- Various blades and cutting tool base materials
- Electronic component and oxide superconductor substrates
A highly flexible ceramics obtained by forming zirconia into sheet of a thickness between 0.05 and 1.0 mm. It is highly elastic and resistant to heat, corrosion, and abrasion.
- High strength and fracture toughness
It has three times the bending strength, and 2-3 times the fracture toughness when compared to alumina.
- High elasticity and flexibility
For 10 mm strips with a thickness of 0.05 mm, they are capable of being bent into a U-shape with an 8 mm radius of curvature.
- Can be formed into ultra-thin sheets
It is possible to have sheets with a thickness of 0.05 mm
This material has excellent oxygen ionic conductivity and is used for high-temperature solid electrolytes and oxygen sensor substrates.
- High oxygen ionic conductivity
Superior oxygen ionic conductivity at high temperature.
- We are also capable of providing large sized sheets.